Some truckers are satisfied with company driving jobs for their entire career.
- Being a company driver doesn’t come with the extra worries and stress, faced by the owner operator – truck maintenance and repair, overweight issues, fines, truck payments etc.
- However, some truckers don’t like driving company equipment, and would much rather be driving a truck more to their liking.
- Some are satisfied to drive whatever they’re given. Many truckers who start out as a driver, try their hand at being an owner operator. Sadly, not all are successful.
- The profit margin can be lucrative, if you manage your business wisely. If money management and truck worries aren’t your thing, stick to being a driver, and leave the worries up to the carrier!
- As a company driver, the money you earn is yours and doesn’t belong to the tax man or the bank!